When you move to Leeds, you will need to pay Council Tax to Leeds City Council. The money is used by the Council to fund local services. The amount you have to pay is different for different areas of Leeds and different the types of accommodation.

Find out more:

Leeds Council Tax Charges and Bands

You may be able to get a reduced price (or discount) on your council tax, if you:

  • are a student
  • live on your own
  • have a disability, or someone in your family member has a disability.

Find out more on the Leeds City Council website:
Who Can Get a Discount on Council Tax

How to pay your bill

You will need to register with the Council first to set up your account. You can do this over the phone or online.

0300 456 0484

How to Pay Your Council Tax

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax

Like your energy bills, Council Tax is a priority bill, and it is important to ask for help if you are struggling to pay. You can get advice from Leeds City Council if you are struggling to pay:

0113 222 4404 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am to 5pm and Wednesday 10am to 5pm)

What to do if you Can’t Pay Your Council Tax

Or visit your nearest Community Hub:

Leeds Community Hubs

Last Updated: 28 May 2024

Print Friendly, PDF & Email