What you need to know

If you were receiving Home Office/UKVI support (housing, financial support, or both), when you are granted a decision, Home Office/UKVI support will send you a form called a ‘NASS 35’.

This document will have a photograph of you and describe the support you have received. You will need this before you can get welfare benefits and housing.

If you have been informed that your asylum support is ending but you have not received this document, call 0300 123 2235.

If you were on Section 4 support or did not receive any Home Office/UKVI support, you will not receive a NASS 35.

If you have received housing or financial support from the Home Office/UKVI, this will end 28 days after the date on which you were granted asylum.

UK Visas and Immigration will write to you telling you when you will receive your last payment and when to leave your accommodation.

Mears (your housing provider) will also write to you telling you when you must leave.

If you have been receiving Section 4 support, this will end after 21 days.

When you get this letter you must contact Housing Options immediately.

Last Updated: 17 June 2024

Print Friendly, PDF & Email