If you are a victim of a crime, you should report it to the police who can support you. If possible, they will investigate what happened, find the criminal or criminals responsible and prosecute them, if there is enough evidence.

  • If it is an emergency (if someone is in danger or has been hurt) you should call 999
  • If it is not an emergency (if the crime has already happened and nobody is in danger or has been hurt) you should call 101

The police force for Leeds is West Yorkshire Police. In Leeds, there are several Neighbourhood Policing Teams. Their job is to work with the local community. Find out more:

Neighbourhood Policing

The West Yorkshire Police website has advice on a range of topics around safety including child protection, drugs and anti-social behaviour. Find out more:

Police Safety Advice

If you go to the police for help, you can ask for an interpreter. You can also ask a friend or relative to help you.

Last Updated: 28 May 2024

Print Friendly, PDF & Email